The parts are becoming obsolete for the old Gainsborough Deadbolt. However a great replacement option is the Brava 210BSSS Urban Deadbolt. This heavy duty double cylinder deadbolt suits doors 35-45mm thick.
At Lock, Stock & Farrell we will be happy to key it up to your existing key for free if you purchase the lock from us. Simply mention this post when you contact us.
Steps to fix a Gainsborough Deadbolt when the key is spinning and the bolt is not turning:
- To take the deadbolt apart you will want to use your drill or screwdriver to undo the 2 screws in the back.
- Once you have pulled the deadbolt apart you’ll want to take the inside plate off by undoing the 2 screws inside.
- Now take a flat blade screwdriver and get it under the inside plate to ply it off gently.
- Pop it open and hopefully you should be able to identify the problem.
- One of the most common problems is a broken driver, as per the video above you can quite clearly see it is broken compared to the new driver.
- Therefore all you need to do is replace the broken driver with a new one and put the deadbolt back together again and you should have no issue.
If you have any questions or need a deadbolt replacement in Perth, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.